Sturges Word Communications Featured in The Kansas City Star
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (January 12, 2010) – Sturges Word Communications, a Kansas City, Mo.-based integrated communications firm that builds brands, moves product and manages reputations, had a “Best Practice” feature recently in The Kansas City Star about creative and meaningful ways to leverage even the mundane to generate visibility and, serve your clients.
With a recent move to new office space, the agency tied notification to clients and other need-to-know contacts to its brand by going beyond the change-of-address card route, using a few, simple ideas.
• Sturges Word staff selected from all the moving supplies and art directed themselves for a photo shoot. Some wrapped themselves in bubble wrap, slapped “fragile” signs across their forehead, were loaded onto a two-wheeler, buried themselves in a box of Styrofoam “peanuts” or allowed themselves to be carried off by coworkers.
• Each employee’s image was designed into a new business card that were to be used for the next year, with “we’ve moved” imprinted on the back.
• About a month before the move:
– E-marketing distributed emails with the fun images to the firm’s contact list, notifying them that the Sturges Word office move was imminent with the new change of address.
– Changes to email signatures were in place
– All correspondence and invoicing noted the impending change.
• Two flash movies were posted to the agency’s Web site, one giving the heads up that it was going to move, and one revised to say the firm had moved once the transition was completed.
The business cards continued to be effective conversation starters for months following the completion of the move and led directly to deeper conversations as to the agency’s competencies, industry expertise and how similar strategic thinking has been put to use for client needs.
Sturges Word Communications is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency with special expertise in the development/real estate, financial/professional services, public involvement/government, retail/hospitality, and utility sectors. The agency helps clients get results with experience and creativity applied to the right mix of communications tools including advertising, branding, community engagement, creative, crisis communications, event planning, public relations, social media strategy, and Web design. The firm’s work does what matters to clients – builds brands, moves product and manages reputations. Sturges Word is a member of the Worldcom Group, the largest network of independent integrated and public relations firms in the world.