Sharing and Posting Content
Ready to start sharing and posting content? Start by making LinkedIn part of your daily routine. The first 10 minutes of your day is a great time to read industry news, check out what’s new on LinkedIn and share content. If you aren’t sure what to post, we recommend sticking to the 80/20 rule: 80 percent your content should be informative think industry news and articles), while 20 percent should be more promotional.
Think outside of the box when posting and sharing content! Your calendar is a great place to look for ideas. Going to a luncheon or volunteering this month? Share it on LinkedIn! Here are some more content ideas to get you started:
- Personal milestones: Awards you recently received, certificates or certifications you recently earned.
- Work events (such as holiday parties, panels, conferences) you attended.
- Company news: You can share or repurpose the content that your company is sharing.
- Projects that you are working on (as long as they are not confidential).
- Books you are reading or podcasts you are listening to.
- Industry predictions.
- Who are you mentoring? Who is your mentor? Shout them out!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice or give advice. It’s a great way to start a conversation.
And remember to take pictures or videos to make your content stand out. Posts with pictures earn twice as many comments as posts without pictures, and videos earn up to five times more comments!